Applications are being accepted at this time. Application deadline is December 31, 2018. See below for position information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Glendale Recruitment The City of Glendale is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Essential Duties Of A Police Officer:
- Running for several hundred yards
- Climbing over obstacles
- Pushing motor vehicles
- Pulling or carrying accident, fire or crime victims
- Using physical force to apprehend and subdue arrestees
- Withstanding prolonged exposure, as long as eight hours, to extreme weather conditions
- Withstanding prolonged periods of standing and sitting
- Withstanding frequent exposure to stress-producing situations such as encountering persons injured or killed by accidents, crimes, or suicide
- Dealing with domestic disputes
- Dealing with verbal and physical abuse of the officer, including taunts, insults, and threats to the officer, including family members, or fellow officers
- Communicating effectively with individuals suffering from trauma
- Operating a motor vehicle for long periods of time
- Using a firearm effectively
- Filling out written reports in a clear and concise manner
- Associate Degree in Police Science or Criminal Justice, or
- Bachelor's Degree (any area), or
- Wisconsin L.E.S.B. certification with 60 college credits.
The following is the projected test sequence for the Glendale Police Department:
- File Application
- Written Entrance Examination
- Interview Panel
- Assessment Center
- Background Investigation
- Police Commission Interview
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination and Physical Ability Testing
- Appointment from Eligibility List
Wages $60,352.96 (2019 Starting Pay)
$77,014.05 (2019 Top Pay)
Wisconsin Retirement Fund, health Insurance, life insurance, sick leave, vacation, paid holidays, clothing allowance and deferred compensation program. There are no residency requirements.
Lateral Entry Program allows opportunity for increased stating pay and vacation based on prior years of full-time Law Enforcement service.
For more information contact Administrative Assistant, Lisa Rice at (414) 228-1737 or