Veterans Memorial Name Submission

Veteran's Memorial Name Submission Form

Frequently Asked Questions about the Veteran's Memorial Name Submission

1. Can I still apply if I served before December 28, 1950?
Yes. If you served before December 28, 1950 and are a current resident or were a resident of Glendale after the date of December 28, 1950, you will qualify.  

2. Can I still apply if I am a veteran, but lived in Glendale before December 28, 1950?
Glendale became a City on December 28, 1950. Before this date, it was the Town of Milwaukee. If you moved to the area before December 28, 1950, but continued to live here after that date, you were, or still are, a Glendale resident and still qualify.

3. I am applying for a veteran who is deceased. Do I put a current address?
Yes, please put the address they lived at in Glendale.

4. What is a DD214 Form?
The Defense Department issues to each veteran a DD-214, identifying the veteran's condition of discharge - honorable, general, other than honorable, dishonorable or bad conduct. Before January 1, 1950, several similar forms were used by the military services, including the WD AGO 53, WD AGO 55, WD AGO 53-55 NAVPERS 553, NAVMC 78PD, and the NAVCG 553. Keep in mind you must hold a honorable discharge to be qualified.

5. What should I put for the year(s) of service field on the submission form?
Please put the total number of enlisted year(s) of service.

6. If I served on the Army National Guard or Air National Guard do I still qualify?
Yes, as long as you still meet the other qualifications. Your name will be placed on the Army stone (for Army National Guard) or Air Force stone (for Air Force National Guard).